Everyone has a dream. José Paronella’s dream became a reality. On 5 Hectares beside Mena Creek Falls he built his castle, picnic area by the falls, tennis courts, bridges, a tunnel, and wrapped it up in an amazing range of 7,500 tropical plants and trees. He even harnessed the waterfall for his electricity. It opened to the public in 1935.
Today, visitors to the park marvel at the achievements of one man. Admission to Paronella Park is valid for 24 months and covers all of the tours (a 45 minute guided walk that explains this extraordinary story & takes you through the highlights, as well as the stunning Darkness Falls Tour where the castles and waterfall are flood-lit to allow for amazing photo opportunities). Admission also includes the souvenir guide book, fish food, umbrellas, access to the online photo gallery as well as a site for one night in the adjacent van park.
VOTED NUMBER 1 MUST DO IN QUEENSLAND!!
- Guided tours, including both daytime and night time experiences
- Fish Feeding
- Wildlife Spotting
- Camping/Caravan Sites
- Delicious fresh food at the ‘Cafe on the Deck’
- Cabins available
- Translations – many languages
- Dog sitting available whilst you’re on tour
- Weddings, functions, and events
- Beautiful photo opportunities
- Museum with historical photos