Mission Beach Picnic Spots
Picnics are an enjoyable activity and a tremendous way for couples, family and friends to enjoy fabulous food, fun and the outdoors together. Mission Beach and the Cassowary Coast have many picnic spots with lakes, creeks, beaches and rainforest to surprise and delight.
Mission Beach Area
- Licuala Day Use Area: 5km south west of Mission Beach. Rainforest canopy, table and chairs.
- Lovers Beach: South Mission Beach: 10 minutes walk along Kennedy Track. Secluded bay, tables and chairs.
- South Mission Beach: Kennedy Esplanade. Shelter sheds, BBQ, toilets, stinger net enclosure, island views.
- Wongaling Beach: Allan Wheatley Memorial Park, Reid Road. Shelter, BBQ, toilets and wheel chair access.
Rotary Park, opposite Scotty’s Bar & Grill. BBQ, basket ball court, skate park, swings, toilets and tables.
- Mission Beach: Seaview Street. Shady coconut trees, toilets, outside cold shower, stinger net.
Porter Promenade. Toilets and tables, beautiful island views.
Narragon Beach, toilets and tables.
Bingil Bay, toilets, BBQ, tables, beautiful beach with stunning outlook.
Brooks Beach, secluded area, no facilities, lovely private beach.
Garners Beach, secluded area, no facilities, beautiful private beach. Not advisable to swim, designated green zone, no shell collecting.
Lacey Creek: 6km north west of Mission Beach. Rainforest walk, tables, BBQ, fresh water swimming, toilets and wheel chair access.
- Family Islands off the coast of Mission Beach:
Dunk Island: access via water taxi. BBQ, swimming, toilets, showers and camping.
Wheeler Island: access via private boat or hire boat. Toilets, take own water.
Coombe Island: access via private boat or hire boat.
The outer islands should only be attempted in calm weather.
- Murray Falls: 42km north west of Cardwell. BBQ, cold showers, toilets and wheel chair access.
- Hull Heads Recreational Park Area: 21km south east of Tully next to Coast Guard. Table, shelter, outside hot showers and toilets.
- Tully Heads: Penning Park and Taylor Street. Table and playground, shady BBQ area, toilets, wheel chair access.
- Tully: Banyan Park and Lions Park at the Golden Gumboot/bus station. Tables, playground, showers, toilets and wheel chair access.
- Tully Gorge National Park: 42km west of Tully. BBQ, tables and chairs under shelter, shower, toilets and wheel chair access. White Water Rafting visible from some vantage points.
- Alligators Nest Tully: turn left at T-junction at the end of Bulgan Creek Road and follow for 800m. Shaded area with tables & BBQ, swimming, toilets and wheel chair access.
- Innisfail Warrina Lakes, town centre. Walking, fresh water swimming, playgrounds, shaded areas, tables and chairs, BBQ, toilets and wheel chair accessible.
- Riverside Innisfail, Fitzgerald Esplanade. BBQ, tables and chairs, covered areas, cold shower, toilets and wheel chair accessible.
- Etty Bay: BBQ, tables and chairs, cold shower, toilets and boat ramp.
- Flying Fish Point: 6km east of Innisfail. BBQ, tables and chairs, toilets and boat ramp.
- Henrietta Creek: 36km west of Innisfail. Shaded areas, tables and chairs, BBQ, cold shower, swimming and National Park Camping.
- Liverpool Creek: Japoonvale. Toilets, tables and chairs, swimming.
- Kurrimine Beach: Toilets, tables and chairs.
- Five Mile Swimming Hole: 8km south of Cardwell. BBQ, toilets, wheel chair access, swimming.
- Cardwell Forest Drive: Attie Creek, Dead Hoerse Creek and the Spa Pool. The Forest Drive map is available from the Cardwell Rainforest and Reef Centre.
- Cardwell Lions Park: Bruce Highway, Cardwell. Gas BBQ at head of jetty, toilets and wheel chair access, children’s playground. Insect repellent required and swimming is not recommended.
- Cardwell: Victoria Street opposite of Police Station. Toilets and wheel chair access.
- Edmund Kennedy National Park: 4km north of Cardwell, BBQ. Insect repellent required and bring own drinking water.
- Bilyana Rest Area: 21km north of Cardwell. Toilet, shelter and tables.?