Located in Bingil Bay, Ninney Rise provides a unique and authentic story; a reason for visitors to come here from all over the world and stay longer. It’s one of our key long term assets. It’s important to maintain our assets and develop them into experiences. It’s good for business and reef and rainforest conservation.
Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland, Mission Beach Tourism, Cassowary Coast Alliance, Community for Coastal and Cassowary Conservation (C4), and Terrain NRM are working together with the following purposes:
- to assist the conservation of the cultural heritage significance of Ninney Rise;
- to promote ecotourism at Mission Beach and ongoing reef and rainforest conservation through interpreting Ninney Rise’s leading role in saving the Great Barrier Reef and Wet Tropics rainforests;
- to assist retain Ninney Rise in public ownership with opportunities for appropriate public access particularly for tourism and conservation purposes;
- to assist the economically viable use of Ninney Rise;
- to facilitate tourism, conservation, community and government partnerships