Eco Tours Mission Beach
The natural environment lends itself to eco-tourism in our region. Mission Beach is special:
- the highest density of cassowaries in Australia
- the biggest fan pal forest in Australia
- the only lava headland in Australia
- two World Heritage Areas- the Wet Tropics and the Great Barrier Reef
- places where the two World Heritage areas meet
- the largest contiguous block of lowland rainforest south of the Daintree
- habitat for 36% if Australia’s bird species
- 20% if the world’s seagrass species and 35% of the world’s mangrove speices
- the largest suite of mainland fringing reefs between Bowen and Port Douglas
- very high density of plant and animal species
- the coast to highlands rainforest corridor in the Wet Tropics.
….what are you waiting for!