Mamu Tropical Skywalk
The Mamu Tropical Skywalk allows visitors to explore the rainforest from the forest floor to the canopy, in comfort and safety. The walkway passes through one of the largest remaining continuous stands of complex vine forest on basalt soils in the Wet Tropics.
Enjoy close-up views of rainforest plants, insects and birds, and take in sweeping vistas of World Heritage rainforest landscapes. Information signs tell of the rainforest’s complex web of life and the rich culture and history of the area.
The walkway features a 350m elevated walkway, rising from ground level to 15m high in the canopy of lush tropical rainforest and a 10m cantilever and a 37m high observation tower with two viewing decks, providing spectacular views over the North Johnstone River gorge and surrounding rainforest-clad peaks of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
Mamu Tropical Skywalk
Phone: 4064 5294
- a 350m elevated walkway, rising from ground level to 15m high in the canopy of lush tropical rainforest
- a 10m cantilever and a 37m high observation tower with two viewing decks, providing spectacular views over the North Johnstone River gorge and surrounding rainforest-clad peaks of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area
- more than 1100m of forest walking tracks, connecting the elevated walkway, cantilever and tower
- rest shelters presenting information about the history and heritage of Mamu rainforest.
- Facts and statistics
- About 156 tonnes of hot dipped galvanized steel are in the elevated walkway.
- Almost 22,000 bolts are in the elevated walkway.
- About 563 cubic metres of concrete are in tower footings.
- More than 900,000 plastic 2-litre milk bottles are in the recycled plastic decking on walkways.
- Steel structures were pre-fabricated off-site in Innisfail and Cairns, pre-assembled on-site then erected with a self-erecting tower crane.
- More than 3.5m of rain fell during construction.
- The walkway is built to withstand cyclonic winds.
- The walkway cost $10 million and took 16 months to build.
Other Tours in Mission Beach
Locally owned and operated, we aim to offer you an eco-friendly, enjoyable boating experience. Based in Mission, we service the Family group of Islands in Rockingham Bay including Dunk Island and their surrounds. …17
more about Mission Beach Charters
Skydive Mission Beach has been operating since 1989 and is the original North Queensland Tandem Skydiving Company. Enjoy a spectacular scenic flight over pristine tropical rainforest with views over the famous Great …16
more about Skydive Mission Beach
Our aim for your visit to the Outer Great Barrier Reef is to ensure you enjoy and experience this amazing place in its natural state away from the crowds. We would like everyone traveling on board both 'Reef Goddess' …1016
more about Mission Beach Dive